Monday, January 5, 2015

new year, new me.

It is now 2O15. Wow. I am happy to report that the year ended better than it started. At the beginning of this year I was still in high school, longing for Hermana Peck to be home, and counting down the days to graduation. This year ended with the Peck clan all back together, five new life long friends, and me living on my own in Utah. The changes have been hard but oh so needed. For like the fifth time I said goodbye to my family (update: it has not gotten easier). But I know that in order for me to grow it is necessary to be away from them. With a new year comes so much relief and hope. It is a clean slate, a fresh start. Goals are set and adjustments are made.It's a new year & therefore a new me.

I have realized that with this new year comes the biggest changes and decisions of my life this far. I have decided to serve a mission for the LDS church for 18 months. I have always longed to serve a mission but now that it is so close, the feelings are setting in. I am more excited then I have ever been but at the same time, scared. This year I will also finish my first year of college and turn 19.

I have no doubt that this year will be one for the books. I can already feel it. I have some of the greatest friends I have ever come across in my 18 years of life and I am finally becoming who I have always wanted to be. Change is no longer a scary and bad thing. It is inspiring. I love meeting new people and trying new things. And 2O15 will be filled with new experiences. Of course with the start of the new year, I have made some resolutions. I know, only 8% of people actually accomplish their "new years resolutions" and this year I plan to be apart of that 8%.

Life is meant to be enjoyed, not just endured. This is my moto for 2k15. I want to enjoy every second of this year, live life to the fullest. I want the people in my life to know how much they mean to me. I want to get out and try everything. I want to be spontaneous & outgoing. I want to be myself.

I have high hopes for this new year. Lots of goals to be completed and people to meet. So, I better get off the computer, get ready for the day, delete Netflix and trivia crack, and start talking to everyone I meet. Happy New Year, everyone! I hope it is filled with love & laughter. lots & lots of laughter. Let 2O15 begin. (I know it started 5 days ago, but hey, I was on break :P)


(this is how pumped I am for the new year! #2K15)

1 comment:

  1. You make MONDAYS wonderful! I love reading your blog. You are so positive and inspiring! I think you will be the most amazing sister missionary with your attitude. I miss you like crazy, but I am so happy for you and all you are experiencing! I love you!

    ReplyDelete