Sunday, January 25, 2015

holla @ the dj for mini miracles.

This week has definitely been one for the books. Like my journal book. And I'm guessing if you are reading this you care about my life, so here is an update:
I will just let you in on a few "mini miracles" I experienced throughout this week. Cass and I decided to become videographers. We drove up the canyon and recorded everything we did. I realized how thankful I was for good friends this fine day. Friends who I could just blast music, get stuck in the snow, talk to cows and laugh with. The first mini miracle this week is friends. I know my Heavenly Father is aware of me because of the people He has placed into my life.
If you would like to view our MLK festivities here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwKEMSSZcTw
 The second mini miracle this week would be the blessings of the temple. I had the opportunity to take family names to the temple. I love being able to sit and feel of the special spirit that resides there. The temple workers are all so sweet. Being able to escape the world for a little with a close friend was just what I needed. 
Mini Miracle three, I got a TB test. You will all be happy to know I am TB free. woo! This was the last thing I needed in order to submit my mission papers to the bishop. I have scheduled to meet with the bishop on the 1st & the stake president on the 10th. I have never been more excited for something in my whole life. I cannot wait to dedicate 18 months to serving the Lord. I stay up late watching random people open their mission calls. I read my scriptures like it is a plate of my dad's food and I haven't eaten in a week. My hour and a half mission prep class doesn't seem long enough. I can already feel love for the people I am going to serve and I have no idea where that even is yet. The word missionary makes me smile ear to ear. I love this gospel and I want everyone to know what I know. To know why I am so happy. To know that they can be with their families forever. To know that their prayers are answered, that they are children of a loving Heavenly Father. Miracle three is that my online papers are submitted. YAY. 
Miracle four, I got a new roommate! Her name is Hailey and she is seriously awesome. She fit right into our C1O1 family. She came at the right time, we actually had plans this weekend. We had a blast at dinner with Cassidy's dad and playing catch in the hotel pool. The fourth miracle is new friendships. I am happy to say I have a new friend & we all love her.
Miracle number five happened today. In sacrament we were taught about family history and temple work. Sunday school, I went to gospel principles, Cass taught the lesson, it was only our roommates in the class and we had a wonderful bonding experience over the creation. I realized again how blessed I am in the friends department. Relief Society was great as always, we actually talked about mini miracles we noticed throughout our week, which inspired this blog. We also talked about developing our spirituality and recognizing the spirit in our lives. We had the wonderful opportunity to attend a devotional by an apostle of Jesus Christ, Quetin L. Cook, who came to speak to the young single adults of USU. His talk was on choosing the path of righteousness. My favorite part of the devotional was the hymn we sang as a congregation, The spirit was so powerful. I love the feeling I get among so many members of the church. The fifth miracle is Sundays.
These are just a few of the tender mercies or mini miracles I experienced this week. I am way happy and loving second semester even more than the first. I have 5 of the best friends anyone could ever hope to have. I am preparing to serve a mission. I am not dating because boys are gross and I am thinking of changing my major to biology. Well this has been an update by Taylor Alexis Peck. I love you all & hope all is well. Take time this next week to notice the mini miracles in your own lives. You'll be surprised at how many amazing things happened during your week.


2 comments:

  1. You are awesome! You will be a Wonderful sister missionary! I love you!
    Xoxox
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how we talked about the mini miracles in church too. These are great things to look for. You are a great example future Sister Peck :)

    ReplyDelete